I love Thursdays and Fridays. They are the only two days of the week where the girls and I have uninterrupted quality time together.
We don’t have to be anywhere, we don’t have to do anything. It’s our chance to slow down, take it easy and simply hang.
As much as I love these days, by 5pm on a Friday I’m reaching for the wine. By 5pm on a Friday, I’m a shell of a woman. I am completely and utterly exhausted, and quite simply, sick of my own voice.
When mum used to tell us she felt like a broken record, I had no idea what she was going on about. I’m telling you now, mum, I hear ya. I really do. I seem to be repeating the same things over and over again to the girls.
Surely this has to be a phase. What I’m saying will eventually sink in, right?
Here’s what’s been playing on repeat at our house lately (in no particular order). Let me know if they sound familiar or if you have any to add.
1. Don’t drink the bath water
2. Because I said so
3. There are children in the world who are starving
4. I don’t care if you don’t like it, just eat it
5. Just try it, you’ll like it
6. What is it, yes or no. Yes. Or. No?
7. If you bite your fingernails, you will get worms in your bottom
8. If you don’t wash your hands before you eat, you will get worms in your bottom
9. Who did a fluffy? (sniffs bottoms)
10. Do you need to go to the toilet?
11. Why are you holding your wee wee if you don’t need to go to the toilet?
12. Don’t lick the food off your feet
13. What’s the magic word?
14. No more whingy voice
15. Don’t hit your sister
16. Share. Share. SHARE!!!
17. Everybody stop talking for a second, I can’t hear myself think
18. Your bedroom looks like a cyclone has hit it
19. Look with your eyes, not your hands
20. Have you done a wee today?
21. No, you can’t play on the iPad
22. Use your fork, you’re not an animal
23. Don’t wipe your nose on your sleeve
24. Use a tissue
25. Yes, you do have to wear shoes
26. 1, 2, 3 …
27. Is that a truth or a lie?
28. Don’t run in the house
29. Don’t jump on the couch
30. When you break the couch, we won’t be getting a new one
31. What did I just say?
32. Slow down and use your words
33. There’s no such thing as monsters
34. Where did you leave it last?
35. No means no
36. How many times do I have to tell you?
Do any of these sound familiar? What’s playing on repeat in your house?
Linking up today with the ever-awesome Jess for IBOT.