Dave nagged me over the holidays to sort through the storage bags of clothes I have sitting at the top of our wardrobe.
I only had about nine crammed in there, so I don’t even know what he was going on about :/
To get him off my back I sorted through each and every bag, but could only part with enough clothes to fill one bag for charity. The rest of the clothes went back up to the top of the closet. Job done.
‘They’re all sorted,’ I told Dave.
‘I threw out what I can. The rest has to stay.’
I like to consider myself sentimental, but it appears Dave thinks I’m a hoarder.
‘But you’re not even wearing those clothes,’ he said.
‘You haven’t worn any of that stuff in years.
‘What about this top?’ he queried as he pulled out a sparkly little number.
‘I want to keep that in case we go to a seventies party,’ I replied.
‘What about this?’ he asked flashing a patchwork style denim skirt.
‘Well that might come back in fashion,’ I said. ‘You never know.’
‘And this?’ he asked again.
‘I can’t throw that out because it’s lucky.’
My excuses went on and on.
At the end of our conversation I resolved to take another look at my clothes, but I need your help.
Over the next few weeks or more, we’re going to play a game.
A little game I like to call Should it stay or should it go.
Cue the theme song please, Kylie.
In each edition of the game, I will show you a selection of clothes I just can’t decide whether to keep or not and you get to vote on what stays or goes. Here’s a taster.
Let me tell you a little more about how it works:
1. Each week I will show you a selection of clothes relating to a specific theme.
2. In the comments you must vote on each of the items modelled.
3. Type Stay for the items you think I should keep, Go for the items you think I should give to charity and if you want the item yourself you must type MINE!
4. Items that receive a majority of Stay votes remain in my closet 🙂 Items that receive a majority of Go votes get packed away for charity. The items which are tagged MINE! are posted to the first person who types MINE!
6. This game is open to all countries, however those who type MINE must be within Australia.
So, what do you think? Sound like fun? Are you ready to play?
Well, tune in this time next week for the first edition of Should I stay or should I go – The party edit.
Linking up today with EssentiallyJess for IBOT.